DIY Vintage Table Cloths

Hello hello! I have been so busy over the holidays attempting to take advantage of the time off by having as much wedding stuff done as possible. My wedding is in 3 short months, you know! I have been making invites, taking engagements photos, dealing with a venue change (yeah, that is a biggie), creating and purchasing presents and much more! All of this I an going to share with you, but at present I intended to talk about my table cloths.
As you all know, my wedding theme is vintage and whimsical. I intended to discover a method to reflect this with my tables in a CHEAP way. While you go to a wedding reception, the first thing that is noticeable is the tables. There are a lot of them and they often suit, therefore they make a statement. I looked into only renting table cloths, however they were all around each and so inexpensive and flimsy looking.

That is NOT OK! I am too much of a tight wad to cost that much money for something ugly.
Luckily for me, my grandmother is a fabulous seamstress. She has a whole basement full of fabric. I considered I might get crafty and view in case she had anything I might apply. Well as fate might have it, the day I go to visit, she only got back from Habitat For Humanity and had picked up 2 rolls of silk-like fabric in two of my wedding colors (pink and orange). She had no concept what my wedding colors were and did not understand what she might apply the fabric for, however she might not  pass it up on account of it was less than . Thank you dear baby Jesus! This might not have worked out better. We cut the fabric into large squares and she sewed on several rope to the edges only to make it look a little more completely. We laid it out on a large table to get a concept and….I did not like it! It was method too shiny and light. Therefore my solution for that was to take a giant pile of old lace she had and cut it into squares to suit and lay it on upper of the shininess. These were surely what I had in mind! The color pops only sufficient and the lace makes it that vintage feel.
I might have cut these into circles to suit circular tables, however I actually do not consider its necessary. I am only going to stagger the corners of the shiny cloth and the lace.
We resulted not having sufficient lace and not all of it was the similar color. I called all the women in my family and had them discover all their old lace table cloths and curtains. Since I got about 16 of the 20 table clothes I required, I tea stained them so that they might all be the similar vintage color. I am going to detail how to tea stain in another post – it was quite facility! Therefore I still required about 4 or so table cloths, however actually did not intend to purchase more lace, therefore I took one table cloth and cut it into 4ths and made table runners for 4 of the tables. I figure that these are going to be the reserved tables for the bridal activity. They suit all the others, however they are going to stand out only a little. SCORE! What do you consider?

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment